Ake Rawdmek is a Thai artist born in 1991, having a bachelor's degree in sculpture, faculty of painting, sculpture and graphic arts, Silpakorn University (2015). In the early of 2018, Ake started taking classes related to glass art seriously with BGC Glass Studio, the first integrated art of glassblowing in Thailand. The instructors are artists in the team at BGC Glass Studio and had the opportunity to study with international artists such as Yumiko Noda, Osamu Noda, Peter Bowles, Austin Stern, Eric Pedersen, Jeremy Popelka and Stephanie Trenchard.
After getting to know the creation of art from glass materials, he started to create sculptures from glass and exhibited in the first international glass exhibition in Thailand, “Thailand Glass Art Festival 2018” (2018). Ake is also interested in mixing other media with glass sculpture. For example, a glass blowing artwork mixed with lighting programming to control the lights called “2019 Breath” series that has been selected to perform in the Bangkok Light Art Festival, “Awakening Bangkok 2019” (2019). He was also invited to exhibit his art pieces in groups and did workshops with international artists such as “CLASS - Clay and glass international exhibition 2019” (2019), International Workshop Project, “Time Change 15th International Art Workshop 2020” and Light Art Festival “Awakening Bangkok 2020 (2020).
Name Ake Rawdmek
Date of birth 1991 Bangkok, Thailand
Address Bangkok, Thailand
Tel. +66 8 3803 9837
2020 : Certificated in "International superior glass art education 2020" by Department of Glass Ceramic Design , Numseoul University , Republic of Korea
2015 : Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts), Faculty of Painting Sculpture and Graphic Arts, Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Exhibition and Workshop
- Was selected to participate in the project "International biennale of glass 2021" Sofia, Bulgaria
- Received a runner-up award from "Viral glass 2021" by Habatat gallery, Curated by David Mc Fadden.
- “Awakening Bangkok 2020” Festival of lights and Installation Arts, by Time Out Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
- International Workshop, Exhibition and Seminar project “Time Change 15th International Art Workshop 2020, by Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi, Pathum Thani, Thailand
- International Workshop, Exhibition and Seminar project “2020 Silpakorn Clay Works International Contemporary Ceramics and Wood Firing Symposium” by Faculty of Decorative Arts, Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Workshop and Education “International Superior Glass Art Education 2020” by Department of Glass Ceramic Design , Numseoul University , Republic of Korea
- Group Exhibition “Re-Heat Vol.2” in your area, by BGC glass studio at Fine art center, Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi, Pathum Thani, Thailand
- “Awakening Bangkok 2019” Festival of lights and Installation Arts, by Time Out Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
- “Hotel art fair 2019” by Farm group at W Bangkok hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
- Group Exhibition “Re-Heat”, by BGC glass studio at Bangkok Art and Culture Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
- International Glass Art Exhibition “Thailand glass art festival 2018” by Bangkok Glass Public
Company Limited at Siam Paragon, Bangkok, Thailand